Big Data/ Hadoop Specialist
On behalf of our client, Procom is looking for Big Data Scientist for 3 months contract position in Winnipeg, MB.
Big Data /Hadoop Specialist Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivery of assigned tasks within the delivery cycle of a project.
- Understands a broad spectrum of client’s technology in order to deliver part of a detailed technical design, which meets customer requirements. Understanding and developing analytics project objectives from client business perspectives
- Formulating these objectives into an analytics problem statement
- Exploring and understanding data
- Identifying data quality issues
- Uncovering early insights from the data to include subsets to explore further
- Extracting, transforming, and loading data into appropriate databases
- Cleansing data as appropriate for modeling
- Developing mathematical models to address the analytics problem statement
- Evaluating mathematical models using statistical or other structured methodologies
- Deploying mathematical models that have validity in answering the analytics problem statement
- Preparing technical and business presentations and demonstrations; and participating in customer meetings.
Big Data /Hadoop Specialist Required Skills
- Ideal candidate would have 3+ years of work experience in analytics working with Big Data to convert large volumes of structured and unstructured data into actionable insights and business value.
- Hands on experience with R preferably in columnar or NoSQL databases, especially in
- performing descriptive, exploratory data analysis
- creating mathematical or statistical predictive models
- creating mathematical or statistical prescriptive models
- Vertica or similar database a plus.
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in the following programming languages desired: Python, R, SQL, SAS, Java, and Unix Shell Scripting.
- Some knowledge and experience with Hadoop Framework preferred: HDFS Architecture, Parquet Files, Hive, HBase, HCatalog, Apache Spark, and Pig.
- Internship, classroom or on the job experience with Data Integration tools such as Informatica, Ab Initio, and Talend desired.
- Experience with the following Visualization tools desired: SAS Visual Analytics, R Visualization, Qlikview, TIBCO Spotfire, and Tableau.
- Must possess ability to interact with both business and technical clients using presentation, speaking, and writing skills.
- Master’s Degree preferred in Data Science, Analytics, Operations Research, Statistics, Mathematical Sciences or related disciplines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research methodology or process such as CRISP-DM
- Strong analytical thinking, technical analysis, operations research and data visualization/manipulation skills.
- Ability to learn and draw on new analytical techniques.
- Developing project management skills
Big Data /Hadoop Specialist Assignment Length
Big Data /Hadoop Specialist Start Date