A Senior Business Analyst / Scrum Master, the candidate will be responsible for facilitating the product development process for scrum teams. As well, as helping the team work collaboratively with their technical partners.
This position involves working independently onsite supporting 100+ users; it is a client facing role. The average ticket/request volume per month = 150+
- Your key driver will be enabling the scrum team to meet their sprint goals.
- You will accomplish this by: helping the team to coordinate their inputs and outputs, facilitating agile ceremonies, assisting in discussions with technical partners, aiding in the removal of any impediments, and buffering the team from distracting influences.
- You will employ Agile and Lean methodologies to support the continuous improvement efforts of the squads.
Business Analyst Job Details
- Facilitate discussion between the team and the Product Owner to collaborate on creation and estimation of user stories
- Support the team to identify roadblocks and minimize noise that prevents the team from delivering product features to our customers
- Increase the teams agile fluency through coaching the team to embrace and embed lean and agile practices in their work
- Help the team to work in partnership with adjacent technical teams by facilitating discussion, and helping to negotiate amenable solutions
- Schedule and facilitate key agile ceremonies, such as stand-ups, product demos, retrospectives and planning
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution, keeping a firm pulse on team dynamic and relationships
- Enable the team to become a self-organized and empowered group that consistently delivers on their sprint commitments
- Ensure the teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
Business Analyst Mandatory Skills
- 1-3 years experience as a scrum master or 3-5 years experience as a Senior Business Analyst with a focus on business/ IT process optimization
- Understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and practices, with a keen desire to become a fluent agile practitioner
- Comfortable with technical language and issues, with ability to constructively resolve problems across varied personalities and skill sets
- Exceptional organization, time management, communication, and facilitation skills
- Open and approachable with excellent interpersonal skills, and comfortable working with diverse personality types
- Ability to constructively resolve problems across diverse personalities and skill sets
- Creative, resourceful and innovative at tackling complex challenges
- Enjoys a challenge, and a champion of change
- A passion and commitment to your own personal development
Business Analyst Assignment Location
- Vancouver, BC
Business Analyst Assignment Length
- 6 months + possibility of extension