Quality Management Consultant
On behalf of our client who is situated in Victoria BC, Procom is looking for a Quality Management Consultant to increase speed of delivery while ensuring robust, secure and sustainable solutions. Also to enhance IT quality management practices, tools and processes to ensure sustainable, reliable and trusted solutions are implemented.
Quality Management Consultant Job Details:
The Quality Management Consultant will document IT standards, processes and templates to guide the work of IT projects. The consultant will define approval gates and have the authority to govern the IT activities, deliverables and processes. They will also adopt cost effective and efficient methods for rigorous capacity and performance testing to ensure all solutions meet IT standards and stakeholder performance expectations.
- Implement the Quality Management strategy designed to address quality issues with ongoing solution delivery;
- Implement programs and standards of practice to assure the quality of solutions delivery outputs;
- Champion change with implementation of new/updated processes and tools/templates;
- Coach/train/manage users of the quality system processes, tools and templates;
- Manage/resolve issues within the quality system – develop/implement appropriate corrective action plans to drive improvements where gaps are identified; and
- Conduct regular reviews of quality system metrics and lead corrections to quality issues;
- Develop testing strategies and practices for the organization including potential selection and implementation of an automated testing tool.
- Assist with the quality management stream of solution delivery such as developing and managing project related quality management and testing strategies, implementing such strategies, leading project related QM teams etc.
Quality Management Consultant Mandatory Skills
- Consultant to have a minimum of 10 years public sector experience in Senior IT Leadership role and have experience:
- Defining and developing quality management strategies to address software quality issues. This includes establishing processes internal to IT division and integration points between business and IT divisions;
- Developing and implementing senior leadership level IT quality gating standards and processes;
- Developing standards and best practices for the development of high quality software;
- Defining and developing reference templates for deliverables from all phases of the software delivery life-cycle;
- Championing change with implementation of new/updated processes, tools & templates;
- Conducting quality reviews of existing systems and processes;
- Develop testing strategies and practices for the organization including potential selection and implementation of an automated testing tool; and
- Coaching, training and mentoring users of the quality system processes, tools and templates.
Quality Management Consultant Assignment Location
Quality Management Consultant Assignment Length
12 months (possibility of two (2) 12 month extensions)
Quality Management Consultant Start Date
January 30th, 2017