Systems Analyst/Business Systems Analyst
On behalf of our client, Procom is seeking a Systems Analyst/Business Systems Analyst for a permanent role with one of our Private Sector clients.
Systems Analyst/Business Systems Analyst Responsibilities
- Perform business requirements analysis related to manufacturing areas that include: gathering, documenting, process mapping and analyzing of business requirements for technology solutions
- Interface with key individuals representing business, operations and technology vendors to drive system requirements to the appropriate level of detail
- Accurately analyze critical details of business issues and opportunities to understand and define opportunities where information solutions can be implemented to mitigate business challenges
- Provide technical advice to business stakeholders to translate business requirements into device features and technical functionality and to advise on the feasibility of their requests
- Implement technical solutions including performing system configuration, building Interfaces and working closely with system developers to deliver programming solutions
- Reviews technical designs, documents and deliverables by vendors to ensure they meet business expectations and address technical solutions throughout the design, testing and implementation stages
- Provides user support and training to subject matter experts on deployed functionalities and solutions.
- Prepares change notices to inform vendors of required changes on applicable applications based on agreed upon technical solutions
- Contribute to monitoring of project success criteria based on predefined metrics and criteria through post-implementation to ensure business case realization
- Create and maintain system context diagram and process maps; capturing flows of information between systems and typical customer flows
Systems Analyst/Business Systems Analyst Required Skills
- A Computer Science or Technology degree, with at least three years of business systems analysis and requirements authoring experience
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in hardware and/or software development with a focus on integration of hardware devices and software systems in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience in effectively identifying and eliciting requirements that support stated business objectives
- Excellent written verbal and oral communication skills; responding professionally and proactively to all levels of the organization
- Ability to work effectively and adapt to shifting priorities as business needs and deadlines change
- Problem solving with sound judgment that are effective and business results focused
- Ability and preferably prior experience of working with developers and QA teams to explain use cases and help if needed in the creation of testing schemes against use cases for all essential defined elements including business logic and UI
- Be able to understand and explain technical viewpoints as expressed by the developer team to the project stakeholders
- Strong understanding of and experience with the Systems Development Life Cycle, including the integration of hardware devices and supporting software
- Experience with bar coding and RFID applications, MES, GPS technology, industrial devices and printers will be desirable
- Awareness of hardware certifications such as: AODA, UL, CSA, FCC
- Experience working with hardware and software vendors
- French language will be an asset.
Systems Analyst/Business Systems Analyst Assignment Length
Permanent – Full time
Systems Analyst/Business Systems Analyst Travel
25-30% to the USA
Systems Analyst/Business Systems Analyst – Start Date
Immediately and or 2 weeks’ notice