Senior Business Analyst - On behalf of our client in the Oil and Gas sector in Houston, TX, Procom Services is looking for a Senior Business Analyst for a 12-month contract position. The successful candidate will have 10+ years of experience translating and prioritizing requirements, as well as experience preparing business cases, process flow mapping, RACI and RAPID modeling, business process optimization recommendations, facilitating workshops and preparing training content. Candidates must field operations and oil and gas experience.
Senior Business Analyst Job Details
- Indirect report to the Project Manager to assist with project scope definition and provide business analysis support throughout the project lifecycle.
- May assist the Project Manager with project management tasks as needed, documentation, issues, change requests, status, etc.
- Strong writing skills to prepare business cases, current state (as-is) and future state (to be) analysis, process flow mapping, RACI and RAPID model, business process optimization recommendations, workshop facilitations, and training content.
- Assists the business in identifying proper controls, recommendations for automation, and understands integration with other interdependent programs.
- Responsible for preparing business requirements (business rules, business/functional/technical) specifications and managing requests for changes to the specifications.
- Maintains functional peer relationships and detailed working knowledge of the assigned areas systems, organization, and business processes.
- Ability to translate business information into terms understandable by non-IT savvy personnel.
- Coordinate and participate in UAT and testing activities.
- Can act as a cross functional Business Analyst to support multiple areas of the business, as needed (e.g. pipeline integrity, facility integrity, asset management, work management, compliance, etc.)
Senior Business Analyst Mandatory Skills
- Field operations experience
- Oil and gas experience
- Business Analyst certification, related degree and/or 10+ years related experience within the oil and gas industry
- Understanding of project lifecycle stage gating controls and importance of document and records management
- Ability to support, adapt to change quickly, and move across various types of projects when needed
- Excellent writing skills, problem solving skills, interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and time management
- Adept at interacting in both business and IT focused discussions with a strong understanding of information technology and its application to solving business problems
- Ability to influence and negotiate with clients and 3rd party vendors
- Proficient at operating within a North Americanly distributed team
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office products, especially Visio
Senior Business Analyst Location and Start Date
Senior Business Analyst Assignment Length
- 12 months with the possibility of being extended