On behalf of our client in the Consulting Sector, PROCOM is looking for a Technical Writer.
Technical Writer – Job Description
- The Technical writer is responsible for developing, delivering and maintaining internal and external communications programs/plans through website technology; plan and deliver communication programs for identified audience; participate in the development and maintenance of the department’s online technical communication materials.
Technical Writer – Mandatory Skills
- 5 years or more working in one or more communication disciplines, which includes technical communications, two years writing for an online environment and two years leading related projects. One year in a supervisory or leadership capacity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to transform highly technical documents into clear, concise written material for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience using documentation design and usability best practices in an online environment.
- Current knowledge of best practices and trends related to technical communication and public relations.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to conceptualize and execute innovative and effective communication plans/programs.
- Awareness of performance support solution development and knowledge management concepts is an asset.
- Awareness of key concepts involved in web experience testing, structured content, and information architecture.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Strong interviewing and listening skills for soliciting/creating or validating/understanding business requirements.
- Strong attention to detail.
Technical Writer - Assignment Start Date
ASAP - 4 months to start
Technical Writer - Assignment Location