Applications Developer - Java, J2EE
On behalf of our client in Edmonton, Procom is searching for a Applications Developer - Java, J2EE to fulfill a 6 month contract.
Applications Developer - Java, J2EE Job Details
- Analysis, Design, develop, implement and test new applications and other system components
- Responsibilities also include application support, problem solving, infrastructure software installation, configuration, testing, deployment and performance tuning
- Employ the appropriate use of standardized components and support the development of new ones as required
- Ensures that system designs support reliable, scalable, secure, and flexible solutions
- Manage deliverables and implement systems with excellent attention to detail
- Provide support documentation and training for operations
- Demonstrated knowledge of application Analysis, design, development, testing and implementation in a dynamic development/project team
- Excellent understanding of the application of information technology to support business functions.
- Sound knowledge of software development tools/languages (IDE, Apache, Java, J2EE, REST, JSON, Python) and software development life cycle and its process (i.e. Agile, Iterative, WaterFall)
- Sound knowledge of SQL (Oracle and/or PostGres is a plus).
- Sound knowledge of SNMP and understanding of MIBs in the network.
Applications Developer - Java, J2EE Mandatory Skills
- Experience in OSS domain of Telecommunication sector.
- Takes initiative, self-directed, and able to adapt readily to fast paced change
- Excellent organizational, planning and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - in both technical and non-technical environments is critical
- Demonstrates support for corporate and business unit strategic direction
- Uses communication approaches that are effective and appropriate
- Strong inter-personal skills and team player
Applications Developer - Java, J2EE Start Date
Applications Developer - Java, J2EE Assignment Length