Java/Big Data Developer
On behalf of our client, Procom is seeking a strong Java Developer
Java/Big Data Developer Job Details
We are looking for candidate with solid foundation and extensive hands on experience in Java and Big Data technologies, to join our motivated team of developers, to deliver innovative solutions.
Java/Big Data Developer Job Responsibilities
Hands-on support and configuration of the following:
- Candidate will be accountable to deliver large batch processing solution with Java on Big Data and NoSQL solutions.
- Developer will be challenged to develop, secure, robust, data integrity, reusability and high throughput batch processing application.
- You will be actively involved in design decisions and will be responsible to development of complex enterprise systems, while working with full-stack agile development teams.
- You will be dealing with large size data sources for various level of manipulation/parsing/processing to generate reports in varieties of formats.
- Developer will be work in team with team of developers and reports direct to Application development manager.
- You will work with technology development, unit testing, deployment and maintenance directions from team lead, application architect and development manager.
Java/Big Data Developer Mandatory Skills
- 8+ years of hands-on experience developing with Java, J2EE technologies, J2EE Design Patterns, Concurrent processing and RESTful web services.
- Hands-on experience with ETL tools such as Pentaho, Talend, DataStage, SAP Data Management, SAS Data management, Infosphere, SSIS, Informatics, Oracle Warehouse Builder etc.
- Hands-on experience developing on a Linux platform and shell scripting.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in system integration experience to develop large sized batch processing application.
- Hands-on experience working in traditional RDBMS such as Oracle.
- Expert understanding of SQL, ETL and Data Warehousing technologies.
- Experience to parse and process JSON objects in Java application.
- Good knowledge in NoSQL platforms like HBase, Cassandra etc.
- Experience of designing, coding and deploying enterprise applications and processes.
Java/Big Data Developer Nice to Have Skills
Candidates with the following will be strongly preferred:
- 3+ Years of experience to write MapReduce jobs using languages such as Java, Scala, Python.
- Hands-on experience working in Hadoop using Hive, Impala, Spark, Pig technologies.
Strong understanding of Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, Database, and Big Data technologies.
- Experience monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning services and applications.
Good expertise in understanding of systems capacity, bottlenecks, and basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage, and networks.
- Experience with Predictive Analytics tools and using data to drive better decision making processes.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
Java/Big Data Developer Start Date
ASAP or 2 weeks notice
Java/Big Data Developer Length
This is an initial 6 month contract with possibility of extension.