QA Tester – mainframe and mid-tier
On behalf of our client in the financial sector, PROCOM Toronto is looking for a QA Tester – mainframe and mid-tier to join their team to help with two high focus initiatives.
QA Tester – mainframe and mid-tier: Job Details
- Building and testing support to development team
- Reviewing test strategy, test plan and cases
- Management of defect logs
- Testing Applications
- Supporting end- user inquiry
- Defining the integration test plan
- Defining the user acceptance test plan
- Identification and resolution of problems/issues.
- Document and manage risks and liaise with other project teams to coordinate project interdependencies.
- Documentation of all artefacts in a shared project library.
QA Tester – mainframe and mid-tier: Mandatory Skills
- Knowledge of mainframe testing tools (TSO/SPF)
- Experience as a Systems Tester(not a lead)
- Experience with SOAP UI, WEB Services & OPA Technology and Java Technologies
- Experience with IMS/DB2/Oracle Databases
- Experience with manual testing
- Experience with automated testing tools and version control systems on one or more platforms (HP ALM 11.5, HP Load Runner 11.5, CA Endevor)
- Experience with Oracle, Unix, SQL, .NET platforms
- Thorough knowledge of testing processes
- Experience in process, planning, organizing and implementing testing efforts at the specified experience level
- Experience in the use of Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools and data query tools to aid in the development of test cases
- Experience with testing methods in an object-oriented environment
- Experience with providing organized application testing to accommodate development and implementation efforts to remediate issues listed
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; organizational, creativity and perseverance skills; verbal and written communication skills; and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Unix, Java &.NET environment
QA Tester – mainframe and mid-tier: Start Date
ASAP or 2 week notice
QA Tester – mainframe and mid-tier: Assignment Length