Ruby on Rails Developer– on behalf of our client, Procom Services is looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer to join their team for a 6 month contract in Raleigh, NC.
Ruby on Rails Developer Job Details
- In this role, you will be involved with all aspects of defining, developing, and supporting innovative software.
- Specifically, you'll work on the full Agile software development life cycle in two week sprints. Each sprint will include backlog grooming, planning, implementation, testing, support, and demonstrations. This position is a great opportunity to join a high-performing team that supports your learning and career growth.
- Understand product requirements and develop code to meet these requirements
- Work as part of an Agile team to proactively communicate status and complete deliverables on schedule
- Manage full life cycle of product development including code deployments to production and internal environments
- Use source control to manage project versions and code changes
- Participate in DevOps functions
Ruby on Rails Developer Mandatory Skills
- 3+ years of professional Ruby on Rails programming experience
- Java programming is a plus
- Solid background with object-oriented design and implementation
- Experience building and performance testing highly scalable applications
- Experience in several of the following technologies: Apache Tomcat, Hibernate, Maven, Ruby on Rails, Git, MySQL, MongoDB, Puppet
- Comprehensive Linux-based system administration, provisioning, and configuration management experience
- Background with Agile project methodologies
- Exposure to and practical experience with DevOps and continuous delivery concepts
Familiarity with various deployment models including cloud, virtualization, and sharded data sets
Ruby on Rails Developer Start Date
February 20th, 2017 or ASAP
Ruby on Rails Developer Assignment Length
6 month contract with extensions/flip to FTE likely
Please note that we are not able to work with candidates on H1B Visas or candidates represented by third parties.