Software Development Manager
On behalf of our client, Procom is seeking a Software Development Manager.
Software Development Manager Job Details
Our client is looking for a strong technical software development manager to lead a team of developers and quality engineers in a fast paced Agile development environment. The ideal candidate will apply their experience leading high performance teams to ensure our people, processes, and technologies are on the path of continuous improvement and aligned with corporate objectives. We are aggressively growing our product development organization while at the same time rebuilding key components of our software platform. Exciting times and rewarding challenges lay ahead for the right Dev Manager.
Software Development Manager Job Responsibilities
Hands-on support and configuration of the following:
- Manage and help grow high performing team of developers and quality engineers.
- Core responsibilities include hiring, mentoring, coaching, individual performance evaluation, motivating, retention and providing status updates to senior management
- Drive the successful delivery of regular software releases in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Work directly with Technical Lead and Product Manager to track velocity and plan sprints for the development team
- Research, evaluate and implement new technologies and tools in partnership with enterprise architects, ensuring alignment with existing products, platforms, emerging business needs and engineering best practices
- Provide guidance to team members in areas of software architecture design, refactoring and on-going code improvements
- Work with the Production Operations team to ensure timely software deployments and support of our production systems
- Contribute to product documentation, including requirements (e.g. technical stories), design and architecture documents
- Demonstrate very strong technical leadership and people management skills including solid communication and analytical skills with thorough understanding of product development and successful problem definition, decomposition and estimation
- Must work effectively with members of cross-functional product development teams including Product Owners, Developers, QA, Production Operations and Architects on various sized projects and initiatives
- Develop team culture which motivates quality, productivity and innovation
- Interface with other departments, customers, vendors and other third party as necessary to ensure timely resolution to any product related issues
- Ensuring implementation of effective metrics, controls and reporting to measure the progress, productivity and quality of each scrum team
Software Development Manager Mandatory Skills
- BS or Masters in Computer Science/Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of direct management experience in a technology company with background in hands-on development (not necessarily coding today)
- Proven track record leading 1 or more teams with 5+ members.
- Strong communicator
- Experience leading and coaching Agile teams; advocating and developing Agile values and principles
- Providing leadership with respect to career growth, coaching and training, along with succession planning
- Deliver project roadmap on time / in spec, communicating clearly with team, management, and stakeholders
- Experience with Continuous Integration principles, Builds, Branching and Test Automation
- Team building, hiring, on-boarding and performance management.
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical counterparts to get things done.
Software Development Manager Nice to Have Skills
- Write code for fun
- PCI DSS industry knowledge a definite plus
- Agile Scrum certification
- Passion for new emerging technology
- Proficient in web security vulnerabilities and secure coding practices
Software Development Manager Start Date
ASAP or 2 weeks’ notice
Software Development Manager Length
This is a full-time permanent position